What to Expect When Participating Our Camps – An Idea of a Daily Schedule
Arriving to Our Camp – You can choose the camp with or without a flight connection. In a case you choose to book your own flights, we recommend you the arrival and departure times according to meet the airport transfers. Our staff will be waiting for you at the New Chitose airport and our lodge will be reached with our minivans roughly in two hours.
Depending on your flight connections, most guests arrive in the afternoon to the lodge. You have plenty of time to unpack and settle to our lodge and make sure that all your equipment is ready for the powder filled week. In a case you need any rentals, please inform us of your equipment needs. We’ll make sure to take this under consideration when planning the arrival day schedule.
First day of the camp has a special start – We gather to a convenient location in a resort to go through Snow Safety training session. This briefing is essential for all freeriders as we explain the use of the gear and the basics of companion search and rescue. During the week you’ll get familiar with many more details related to off-piste and backcountry skiing. We explain about avalanche terrain, possible risks and how to avoid them.
- 7:30 – Nutritious breakfast will be served in the dining area in our lodge
- Additional information of the location and conditions from our guides
- 8:30 – Transfer to ski-resort / Backcountry spot
- 9:00 – First turns
- 12:00 – Voluntary lunch
- 12:45 – Riding and guiding continues
- 16:00 – Transfer back to lodge / Village
- 16:30-19:00 – Free time, relaxation
- 19:00 – Onsen time (we give you an alternative to visit several local Onsens daily, great for relaxation and freshening up for dinner)
- 20:00 – Dinner at local restaurants – Our guides discuss the plan for the next day